Thirsty Thursday Tasting - September 20th - Lily LoCascio of Tasca D'Almarita - Chapel Hill. Thursday (duh!) 5-7 pm. Free!
Tasca D'Almarita has numerous estates. The Regaleali Estate is located in the heart of Sicily. It spans 400 hectares of sprawling hills and lush vineyards. It has been in the family for 180 years. And while much has changed in that time they remain committed to two things; love of the land, and respect for the art of winemaking. This estate is world renown for their production of fine wines. Run by Count Giuseppe and his family, this estate is steeped in history, culture, and amazing wine.
And while their history, culture and philosophy are a huge draw, it is the stunning wines that will make this worth your while. You WON'T leave disappointed, and likely not empty handed. And BONUS - we have Lily LoCascio joining us! She is the export manager for Tasca d'Almarita and the niece of the importer Leonardo LoCascio.
We expect this to be a packed house. If the parking lot is jammed, please consider parking across Homestead Road in the UNC parking lot. It's only a 50-yard walk! I promise, these wines are worth it!
- Tasca Regaleali Bianco 2011 - Sale $11.99 - reg. $17.99 - Save 33%
- Tasca Regaleali Leone D'Almerita 2011 - Sale $17.99 - reg. $22.49 - Save 20%
- Tasca Regaleali Lamuri D'Almarita 2009 - Sale $17.99 - reg. $25.49 - Save 29% - 91 pts Wine Advocated
- Tasca Regaleali Cabernet 2007 - Sale $57.99 - reg. $71.99 - Save 19%
- Tasca Regaleali Rosso Del Conte 2006 - Sale $59.99 - reg. $74.99 - Save 20% - 93 pts Wine Advocate